Wednesday 15 June 2016

The world is changing ...

Back home !
So People a big Hello from 'Back to the West'  here i'm blogging back on the 'Baby s day out' blog bcos for those of you who know I did blog under another title for a while titles that were more associated to the bumble bee boy and his and our busy life and so on. But but some of my friends lost track they were just following this blog so they gave me this sweet reminder that Hey why aren't you blogging often. And I had to tell them about the other title but I know I know its taking a while sometimes I just think of a topic but I leave it in the draft for a while but this blog was long calling bcos its about the beautiful staycation back in my very own India and about the baby turned  bumble bee turned big boy now  - big big milestone!!


I can't stop talking about this trip and so does bumble bee boy  he is still giving his brain a quick kick on a few nautanki acts he did there. I don't know what is it is it grandparents s house or just being amongst a crowd that's giving you so much attention right from day zero he had some crazy i like to call it 'sugar high hyperactive' moments and acts. After a 20 hour flight we land in aamchi Mumbai sometime around 5 am Mumbai my beautiful city looks calm and composed at 5 am I was still and silent observing every bit of the curves and streets and the way leading home. 'Home'  Yeah I was heading home after 2 good years isn't it too long? My co workers were like you don't get to see your mom in two years they were shocked at the same time happy for me that im making this month long trip. Well luckily both sides of the family did make trips in 2015 here so what did I miss ? I did not miss my family too much bcos I got to see them in 2015 and they stayed for a good 3 months. Also thanks to social media and apps etc watsapp calling is free video calling is free so all that makes up 
for the time not physically spent but at least virtually  were able to keep up..to keep up with the fast 
changing world... to keep up with the pace of life to keep up with Bollywood... everything is running at this super sonic speed but the good news (sometimes) is the world has shrunk completely thanks to social media and  technology that has got human beings connected in every way. For example I could meet friends from my school whom I haven't seen for over 15 years I meet them at this school reunion that was organized partly by me and another school mate who created this whatsapp group and it started raining names and names from school. Nothing can beat the feeling of meeting your school friends so to say.



Also I have very few friends that I can count on my fingers only one from school who is my best friend from age 8 and 3 maybe from college and 1 from MBA college that's it  these are people I meet even now and few I just met here and there who stayed my friends for life !! Besides when you move 
out of the city and then the country its hard to keep in touch on a daily basis despite the socialmedia
connect. I blame it on myself I'm a social butterfly in my own space and I lack massive social skills I mentioned this in my previous 'Power of being introvert' blog if you read that.


So the highlight of this trip was for a change i was not hitting the parks and play areas with bumble bee boy bcos hes changed  remember the world is changing and he is growing up too of course his friends were me and my sister most often and he would hang out with our friends or his cousins but 
pretty much busy with family no setting up play dates whatsoever that's the advantage when you have a family around.





That brings to the point I made absolute 'Me time' bcos my boy was busy getting pampered by his grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins so much so that he did not want mommy during bedtime either this was a big big change he is such a clingy kid both me and my better half were shocked that he can sleep without us. The kind of attention he was getting was keeping him totally busy totally filled with pampering and love and new toy everyday by my Dad, feeding all meals, 
getting everything in hand getting spoilt I'd say to myself but its ok he was enjoying it and the grandparents deserve this.








He is enjoying my sister s birthday!!



A favorite hangout with my sister and V - Leaping window café and library !!


Amidst all this my  'Me time' centered around 
Everything I like to do or haven't done for ages. I went and bought a pair of roller skates for myself bcos I knew I was heading to Bangalore and could skate with my neices last time I got them a pair of skates for their birthday and was going to teach them I couldn't do it for long bcos I 

discovered bumble bee inside me :) . Well so I got on to a pair of roller skates after 15 years exactly in my 10th std vacation we were a group of 5 - 6 girls we'd skate day in and day out it was this newness and in thing besides just learnt it so that excitement I loved it that I could get back to it but wasn't too confident initially given i've doubled up in size :)  but to tell you the truth what you learn in your childhood stays in you and I had a blast skating with my 12 year old twin nieces. I also rented out a bike or bicycle with my childhood best friend just like we used to in our days from Raju or Bablu the cyclewala in lallubhai park road  it used cost 5 rupees for 1 hour and 2 rupees for half hour I remember that very well bcos I used to carefully carry the money with me trying not to get late and pay late charges. So the bike ride in short was just like good old days. The world has changed and for the good. I see acts of kindness. 
I see karma realization . I see massive work for giving back to the society. I was fortunate I could do some of these thanks to my friend Manisha who introduced me to this NGO where I volunteered  I woke up at 6.30 am to visit these kids in Bandra and teach them their academic subjects like Economics, English and Science. I loved it!




with the kids !!

















Lets talk about Food  my better half and I were just excited about this part the most the foodie that we are and tits and bits we miss staying here in the west. My day zero attack with my sister and our childhgood friend was 'Desi Chinese' I had paneer chilly, hakka noodles and Manchurian at a local adda it was mouth watering and satisfied the taste buds craving for it for 2 years. I ticked off other Mumbai favorite street food to name a few:


  • Vada Pav  (its like the burger of US :))
  • Naturals - mango and malai ice cream
  • All sorts of Bombay chat - bhel puri, paani poori,  my favorite - sev poori which I feel I did not eat much
  • Bombay sandwich  (This is special bcos it aint like a sandwich in the west - this is a combination of 5 - 6 spices grounded into something called chutney added to it veggies and cheese and tomato ketchup piled up to 3 levels grilled and served hot :))
  • Mysore masala dosa (A creppe filled with lots of spices and veggies and cheese is a option too:))
  • lots and pots of Manogoeesssss - aamras (so they say in Mumbai)
  • the 5 course Thali


the 5 course indian meal!!!




The Bombay sandwich



All of this inside the tummy not at one go of course thankfully. It would be like a tummy tantrum at one go. :))




The party people !!
Oh Boy ! I  was so so insomnic and felt like a zombie sometimes my head would hurt during the day for the lack of sleep but the excitement of what to do tomorrow or non stop chat with friends would keep my brains thinking all night there was a energy inside me to party every Thursday or Friday and of course Saturday night, doing this after ages i'd say but I have the party spirit inside me im so glad about it and it just woke up I felt like a teenager again and this gave us a great time with the better half especially and our  totally enthu friends who partied with us all night and yet made it to work the next day. They made it a  fun night for us. The trip was made for us just us learnt to juggle around everything and everyone friends, family, favorite places to visit, things to do etc etc. Im not a mall shopping person I hate wasting time roaming in malls so that adds to more time on you to do stuff you like I;m totally impressed with my city s infrastructure the airport is a beauty in itself, the metro train ride, worli sealink, to top it all I don't know if a regular mumbaikar would notice this but the pollution levels are zero the PUC has paid up very well. Commuting with apps on the phone makes life so simple. Drive back home in a Uber or Ola cabs at 3 am that simple!! Mumbai touchwood is the safest city at night !! Made good use of free time at home browsing the laptop and making use of online shopping thanks to E- commerce its super simple to order a book or clothes or just anything under the sun. Returns are easy too if you dislike it. ... Well people this is what happens when I blog after a while I can go on writing I think I need to pause. 
That's the change - Mumbai s very own metro train ride !!



All in all all of this is a big big change so when the world is changing i'm so glad my country and city is changing for the better Amen !! How are you preparing yourself in a rapidly changing environment? our kids are the best example they are growing so so fast. So Pause breathe think. watch this video and tell me what you think.







No comments:

Post a Comment